Lambert- St. Louis International Airport is gearing up for a busy holiday travel season continuing the trend of passenger growth seen throughout the year. Lambert, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and the Airlines are expecting to see a steady increase of passengers for the Thanksgiving holiday which will begin Friday, November 16 through Sunday, November 25. The biggest single travel day of the holiday weekend for Lambert is projected to be the Sunday following Thanksgiving. Lambert expects to see a 10-15 percent daily increase in passengers starting Friday, November 16 compared to an average travel day. Lambert, TSA and Airline officials offered a number of travel tips to make it easier for passengers during the busy travel season.
· Arrive 90 minutes-2 hours maximum ahead of a scheduled flight.
· TSA Pre✓™ is available with American Airlines.
· Liquids must be in 3.4 ounce containers or less; put in quart size, clear, plastic zip-top bag.
· Do NOT wrap holiday gifts.
· Remember to retrieve all items from the checkpoint after they pass through the security scanners.
· If picking up a passenger from Lambert Airport use one of the free cell phone lots instead of the parking garages.
· For more information on prohibitive items, traveling with children, food and gifts, go to www.tsa.gov.
· Access Lambert Airport information easily via your mobile phone at www.flystl.com.
“The busy holiday travel season will mean more volume/traffic around the airport,” Lambert Airport Director Rhonda Hamm-Niebruegge says. “We strongly urge anyone picking up a passenger to utilize one of the cell phone lots. This will allow them to wait, free of charge and see when the flight has arrived on the flight board. Passengers should call when they’ve picked up their luggage and are headed out to the passenger pick-up areas. It’s convenient.”
For additional information including flight schedules or parking go to www.flystl.com.
Latest Airport News & Photos.
Avoid parking fees the next time you pick up a passenger. Lambert provides free waiting zones for motorists near each terminal.