STL June 2020 Air Traffic Activity Report
Posted on July 23, 2020 in Reports
The St. Louis region and the world is still experiencing the ramifications of the global pandemic. However, people did start traveling more during June and the airport saw a 15 percent increase in its passenger traffic from the month prior.
STL has also seen significant growth in its air cargo operations for the month and overall for the year, 20 and 13 percent respectively. To date, passenger volume has increased, but is trending down nearly 75 percent from this month last year and 55 percent overall year-to-date.
State of STL by the Numbers
Passenger and Cargo Data for June 2020
- More than 377,839 passengers traveled through STL in June 2020, down 74.5 percent from the same month last year
- Compared to 1,478,974 passengers in June 2019
- Aircraft operations (takeoffs and landings) were down 50 percent in June 2020 compared to the same month last year with about 272 daily operations
- Air cargo, including freight and mail, increased 19.8 percent from June 2019; and is up more than 12.6 percent overall in 2020
- More than 3.4 million air passengers traveled through STL from January to June 2020, a 55.6 percent decrease from the first six months of 2019