Holiday Travel Tips
Posted on November 30, 2018 in Media Releases
During the Thanksgiving holiday travel period, St. Louis Lambert International Airport (STL) had over 180,000 passengers check in and go through security. That's a increase of 3.5 percent from the same time period last year! The Christmas holiday travel period is expected to be just as busy, so we've compiled a few tips and tricks to help make your visit to STL a little more efficient.
- If you are picking up an arriving passenger, please utilize the cell phone lots. Once your passenger has notified you they are ready for pick up, head to the designated pick up areas. Please note that the Terminal 1 arrivals areas has been moved from Arrivals Drive to the yellow level of the Terminal 1 Parking Garage. The first 15(???) minutes in the garage are complimentary. For a FAQ describing these changes, click here.
- Arrive two hours ahead of scheduled boarding time, especially if checking luggage or flying internationally.
- Check the status of all flights to and from STL as updated by the airlines here.
- Visit www.tsa.gov to search what items can and cannot be brought through the TSA security checkpoint, such as liquids, which must be in 3.4 ounce or less containers.
- Learn more about TSA accepted forms of identification, or traveling with children, medical conditions or disabilities, at www.TSA.gov
- Do not wrap holiday gifts. They should remain unwrapped for air travel.
- TSA Pre-Check is available at all checkpoints with participating airlines.
- Wheelchair assistance is provided by the airlines at no cost. This can be a big help for limited mobility or elderly travelers. For the best accommodation, contact the airline in advance to request a passenger assist agent.
- If parking at STL, visit www.SuperParkingLot.com for all options and real-time parking availability.
If you have any additional questions, you can use the Contact Us page and we will respond as soon as possible.