Airport Layout Plan Update and Master Plan - Study Highlights
• Establishment of Separate Airport Layout Plan Update and Master Plan (ALP Update/MP) Website: All project relayed information is posted here, including chapters, open surveys, survey results, and study progress updates. •Technical Advisory Committee Meeting #1 (June 18, 2020): Introductory meeting call identifying the role of the TAC and providing a review of the draft inventory of existing conditions and the aviation activity forecast findings. •2040 Aviation Demand Forecast and Critical Design Aircraft Chapter (August 21, 2020): The proposed 3-year recovery scenario and use of Airport Reference Code (ARC) D-IV as critical design aircraft were approved. This forecast serves as the basis of planning.
• Public Feedback Survey #1 (September – October 2020): Collected input from 511 survey respondents to define the STL traveler, access and amenities preferences and appetite for future travel in the age of COVID. This information helps identify and confirm terminal and roadway and other airport shortfalls and needs. Survey results overview and detailed report are publicly available. There are an ALP Update/MP Survey #1 Report and a Survey #1 Overview.
• Inventory of Existing Conditions Chapter (December 2020): An inventory of the Airport’s physical, operational, and functional characteristics to serve as the basis for identifying improvements to Airport elements for inclusion in this ALP Update/MP.
• Facility Requirements Chapter (December 2020): Following a needs assessment, facility requirements were assessed to inform on potential gaps and areas for improvement to meet demand through 2040. These requirements are the basis of the development of alternative solutions.
• Technical Advisory Committee Meeting #2 (January 27, 2021): Updated the TAC on the plan’s progress and provided an overview of 2040 facility requirements and preliminary terminal alternatives. Results from the first public survey were also shared.
• Public Feedback Survey #2 (February – March 2021): Collected input from 820 survey respondents on desired improvements and preference for terminal curbside access and passenger terminal configuration. Survey results overview and detailed report are publicly available. There are an ALP Update/MP Survey #2 Report and a Survey #2 Overview.
• Technical Advisory Committee Meeting #3 (November 16, 2021): Updated the TAC on the plan’s progress and provided an overview of the preliminary preferred terminal concept and landside access alternatives. Results from the second public survey were also shared during this meeting.
• Airport Layout Plan Update: On January 5, 2022, the Airport Commission was updated on the ALP Update/MP (the updated document is also found below in the Current Study Documents section).
• Public Feedback Survey #3: Tentatively planned for early 2022.
Current Study Documents
If you have any questions or comments regarding the ALP Update/MP, please contact Dana Ryan, STL Airport Planning Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about what was discussed at STL’s ALP Update/MP Airport Open House on May 5 by watching the presentation.